Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A bright light on a dark horizon

No I have not found anything new or insipiring about our political position. Although I thought Huckabee's appearance on SNL to be hilarious.

I've heard of these things from pilots. I've read about them in books, but I had never before seen one. For those of you lucky enough to have seen one you know what I'm talking about.

I was driving home, it was getting close to midnight, when the entire western sky lit up. I thought for a second that it was a nuclear explosion, or the spy satellite being shot down. I looked up to see what it could be. Light pulsed soft and then bright again, leaving a bright trail behind. It silently pulsed north, before it broke up into four distinct pieces of bright yellow and disappeared altogether. The trail lingered for twenty seconds, maybe it hung in the sky for no reason, maybe it was simply burned on my retinas.

I nearly drove off the road. I had seen large meteors, but nothing like this. This was astronomically larger than anything I had ever before witnessed. It was far more amazing than even a total solar eclipse. I wasn't altogether certain what I had seen, I doubted the UFO theory straightaway. I was seriously thinking that I might have, out of exhaustion, hallucinated the entire event.

I got home and did my research. What I saw, was a meteorite fireball. I'm not sure how to explain them exactly. Instead why don't you go see for yourself? meteor

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds pretty cool. Here's a link to the Huckabee things on SNL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvSXpM5qGmg